Guanabana – Soursop is one of the amazing fruits of Costa Rica
Soursop is the fruit of Annona muricata, a broadleaf, flowering, evergreen tree.
It is native to the tropical regions of the Americas and is widely propagated.
The fruit is grows large like 5 pounds or more. It is a fruit that is green and spiky skin. The fruit has rich and sweet taste with greenish aftertaste and can be enjoyed raw.
Guanabana has many health benefits:
- Anti-inflammatory properties, especially with joint pain or inflammation, particularly from conditions like gout or arthritis. You can rub a decoction of soursop on the affected area can be an amazing way to find some relief. The anti-inflammatory compounds found in guanabana can speed up healing in inflamated areas.
- Anti-parasitic properties. By brewing a tea from the leaves of the fruit, you can cleanse your gut and ensure that your gastrointestinal system is running smoothly.
- Relieves Respiratory Problems when you are struggling with a cough, cold, or other forms of the respiratory ailment. Anti-inflammatory properties of guanabana can help to clear out your airways, relieve congestion, and soothe irritation.
- Soursop tea treats Insomnia and have been used as a stress relieving remedy for centuries. If you’re suffering from insomnia or restless sleep, soursop tea is a good choice, when you are in the countries, where it grows.
- Good for Skin Care. You can grind the seeds of the soursop fruit into a powder, which can then be made into a skin astringent, helping you to reduce lines and wrinkles, and improve the appearance of age spots and blemishes. Topically apply this paste to the affected areas regularly and enjoy a healthier skin, while also protecting yourself from bacterial and microbial infections.
- Soursop can help in Preventing Cancer. The most interesting benefits of soursop are related to its antioxidant activity, which comes from acetogenins, as well as quinolones and alkaloids. These have been directly linked to cancer prevention and the reduction in the size of tumors. Extensive research has been done on the unique organic compounds of soursop and it has been widely studied as an alternative cancer treatment. These acetogenins are actually unique to the Annonaceae plant family, which is what makes them so fascinating. They can apparently cut off blood flow to foreign or non-normal cellular growths, and have already been positively associated with treating breast, pancreatic, prostate, and lung cancers.
- Guanabana boosts immunity and can be used for improving the immune system. Adding a bit of soursop fruit to your diet, either through refreshing beverages or desserts, can positively impact your overall health. Rich in vitamin C, this fruit stimulates the production of white blood cells, while the concentration of antioxidants helps to neutralize free radicals and prevent chronic disease.
- Improves Gastrointestinal Health. Being rich in vitamin C, soursop was used for many years as a natural remedy for scurvy and dysentery. The juice of the soursop fruit can also be a very effective diuretic, to cleanse the gastrointestinal tract and remove excess toxins and salts from the body. The anti-inflammatory components, including the alkaloids and quinolones, can reduce parasites in the gut and alleviate any pain or irritation in the stomach/colon.
- Has Analgesic Properties, soursop has been topically applied to wounds and injuries for generations but also works internally to relieve pain and speed healing. The sedative and anti-inflammatory aspects of this impressive tropical fruit make it an ideal solution for all types of body pain, both inside and out.
We offer the following Private Sessions and Retreats in Illinois and Wisconsin: